Raspberry Pi 3 MESA/VC4 Wayland/Weston V4L2 M2M

• Hello everyone,

Some of you, I think I followed for several months my research on the creation of a LibreELEC SmartTV with includes a web browser.

VDR Skin in FrameBuffer - Without X11 ?

Need your feedback on ARM hardware and framebuffer.

Thanks to chewitt for this valuable information.

During these months, I learned a lot, especially the maturity of graphics library and video accelerator to work on a Wayland environment with AMLogic (Kernel V4L2 M2M / mesa-lima), not to mention Chrome which requires a lot of CPU, "WPE / backend-fdo" has been retained, since its opening to QT.

So I fell back on Raspberry Pi 3 to see that MESA/VC4 (maintained by Broadcom), and very stable, and works perfectly in DRM/KMS under Wayland / Weston.

However, I have 2 problems, no sound under Kodi, and no video acceleration under Kodi/FFMPEG, the link "/dev/video0" was not found.

For the problem of sound, many informs that it is necessary to activate the audio like this in the file "config.txt" :

Code
    # Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
    dtparam=audio=on

It loads well, but Pulseaudio does not work, even the command :

Code
    aplay -l

Stay freeze, and I can not enter another command, or even CTRL + C or CTRL + Z.

Someone among you has already tried to activate V4L2 M2M under Raspberry Pi 3, with a Kernel 4.19.17 ?

Thanks in advance !