RP3 GPIO IR decoding

• I apologise in advance if this is something solved in a document that i have misread.

I have a RP3b+ that is now running LE 9.0. It was a clean install, with minimal config files brought across from the previous setup. I followed the instructions for updating the Pi to use the gpio-ir driver.

I brought across the lircd.conf file and almost all of the buttons are working perfectly on my Universal remote configured as a Panasonic remote. I understand that some may have the initial suggestion that I reprogram the universal remote as an MCE clone. The reason for making it a Panasonic remote was to have it maintain the ability to turn the TV on/off and to switch input after a power outage.

The INFO and MENU buttons are not working. I have spent two days tinkering with irw and the contents of my lircd.conf file. Nothing seems to let me see the buttons detected by Kodi. Running ir-ctl -r confirms that the remote is sending something and that the Pi is receiving it. I just can't get the Pi to recognise the codes.

Is there some other file / command I should be looking at?

lircd.conf.txt

• Are you using some custom Lircmap.xml and/or remote.xml files?

KEY_MENU (or KEY_CONTEXT_MENU) and KEY_INFO should work out-of-the box.

so long,

Hias

I am using no other custom files (in relation to the infrared remote). Since I have been using the same lircd.conf file for so long, I can't recall why I skipped the kets now missing from the config. Doe LE 9.0 still offer the ability to record a custom lircd.conf file?

• I tried using the irrecord program. Since my TV's standby/power led flickers whenever is receives an IR signal that it understands, I am assuming that the button on the remote is working. When I ran it using as a "update" for the current lircd.conf, the config contained:

Code
    KEY_INFO                 0x0

When I tried recording a new lircd.conf file, using a known button for comparison, BOTH keys were recorded in the config with a code of 0x0

Am I overlooking something obvious?

• I have tried enabling CEC. It appears that my Panasonic TH-L32EM5A only supports CEC for detecting / switching sources. It doesn't appear to send the input from the remote.

I had a look at your TV manual, and you are probably right, there is no full "Viera Link" support.

If you can't record new IR key codes, try to use the defined key codes for your remote control. Here is a Panasonic list.