Just bootfiles on sd?

• All I'd say is 1GB sounds a bit on the small side - might cause you some problems in the future (thumbnails folder could end up filling that on its own), and it'll almost certainly cause issues with updates and / or backups not having enough space at some point.
    I use small (eg 1GB) partitions for testing, but I'd want at least 4GB (my arbitrary limit) for a 'proper' install.

There shouldn't be an issue with mixing your media (films / music) with libreelec data in 1 big usb partition - the partition even comes with folders for exactly that by default (made on first boot).

Copy that. Thanks, nice to know.
    I can easily resize the "disk" partition since the other one is still empty. ;)

• hi, sorry to hijack the thread. I just wondered if I could get a little advice on cmdline for raspberry pi 3. could you tell me what command to put in cmdline on the sd to activate usb the storage.
    In the past I used openelec "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh" from the wiki page but I do not know enough to determine if this is relavant now. what should I use? thanks in advance