Is LibreELEC totally run in RAM?

• My computer has 32GB RAM.

Whether LiebreELEC won't write anything (especially streaming cache, temp) to SSD or it still will?

(I watch lots of videos, hope LiebreELEC takes advantage of my RAM as much as it can, and don't wear out SSD.)

Edited once, last by goodkodi (February 12, 2019 at 7:40 AM).

• LibreELEC also runs on 512MB Raspberry Pi devices. So 32GB is pretty much overkill.

99% of time, the only file(s) being written to is the video and/or music database file. If you use an external SQL database, LibreELEC will be basically a readonly app on your PC.

How you store your videos that you watch, is up to you. SSD's have TRIM functionality (unlike most SD cards), so wearing them out is unlikely. On average, an SSD can handle writing several terabytes each day for a couple of years. Do you handle and watch that many videos?

• LibreELEC also runs on 512MB Raspberry Pi devices. So 32GB is pretty much overkill.

99% of time, the only file(s) being written to is the video and/or music database file. If you use an external SQL database, LibreELEC will be basically a readonly app on your PC.

How you store your videos that you watch, is up to you. SSD's have TRIM functionality (unlike most SD cards), so wearing them out is unlikely. On average, an SSD can handle writing several terabytes each day for a couple of years. Do you handle and watch that many videos?

Thanks for the explanation.

Writing to database or setting is fair enough.

Streaming is the one concerns me. I just noticed that Google Chrome is consistently writing to SSD when streaming from Youtube. I stream videos 27-4, so out of curiosity, I wonder if LibreELEC doesn't temp anything to SSD while streaming (no matter what addon we are using).