display adapter advice

• after lots of googling and forum searches i haven't found a great list of supported video cards. i just snagged an amd 6450 for really cheap to put in my dell optiplex core2 quad machine. when i installed it i had a few visual artifacts that went away after a resolution change but now every video file or stream i play had a grainy texture to it (i changed dithering settings and limited color range to no avail and also tried every de-interlacing setting and post processing setting and it's still there.) and i can't help but wonder if it's a driver issue because of the dated card. so i guess i have 2 questions.
    1. any known solutions to this? maybe a legacy driver that works in LE9?
    2. if not what's a good really cheap card that should be supported going forward? (i read something about nvidia not supporting linux in the future)
    any advice is appreciated and thank you.

• If you want to stay with x86-64 hardware, Intel is the better choice now. AMD 'legacy' won't be looked at anymore, and AMD Ryzen support is still very new and requires the very latest Linux kernels, which have not yet arrived at LibreELEC. Nvidia is only a more future-proof choice for Windows environments.

Alternatively, you could start with some reading material right here.

• i have a good idea of the options available but i'm looking to use my existing hardware instead of switching to a pi or fire stick. i was just hoping someone might have a hardware recommendation for an x86-64 libreelec system. or maybe if a legacy driver existed (i see it doesn't).