[Solved] Laptop HDMI Output to TV Issue

• **EDIT**

I actually just solved the issue, I plugged the older laptop back into the TV to see what the settings said, and it turns out apparently my TV refresh rate needed to be set to 30.00, so I ran the following code

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    echo "xrandr --output LVDS1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 30.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

And now everything works! That code just disables the laptop screen's completely and displays only on the TV. So sorry for wasting anyone's time!

**ORIGINAL POST**

I've been using LibreELEC for a while now, OpenELEC before that, and the entire time I had this old Toshiba laptop connected to an even older plasma TV. I'm not sure if it was luck or not, but I had no issues setting that up, when I plugged in the laptop via HDMI to the TV, it just worked perfectly. The issue I ran into was the laptop couldn't handle playing 1080p videos. I was just dealing with it and finding 720 videos to play, but then I acquired a Lenovo laptop from someone who upgraded and didn't want it anymore. I installed LE on it and everything was fine.. until I connected it to the TV. The video was stuck in the laptop's resolution and in the upper left hand corner of the TV.

I began searching the issue and saw several posts about it, and started trying the solutions. Some mentioned to go into the Kodi-system-display settings and activating "blank other displays" and then setting the output device to HDMI1 and when I try that, the TV screen blanks and I have to reboot the laptop to get the video back.

I saw a post that suggested I run these codes in SSH:

Code
    echo "xrandr --output LVDS1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

and when I do that and reboot, both screens are just blank. I have to delete the autostart.sh file to get the video back. Also, I had to adjust the refresh rate, because I don't think my TV is at 60, I set it to 50 just to see if that would have any effect, and it did not. I *think* it was set to 59 on my old system.

I tried to run this code as well

Code
    echo "xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

just to see if I could adjust the HDMI resolution without blanking the laptop (so I could still see one screen if the other didn't work) and that didn't change anything at all.

Just in case any of this helps, I ran some codes to hopefully provide you with any information that you might need:

DMESG

XRANDR

I know this is probably a really dated question, and I'm sorry if it's been answered, I just couldn't find a solution! Would it have mattered that I did not have the laptop connected to the TV when I initially installed LE? Thank you for any help you can provide!

Edited once, last by Protocol Zero (January 31, 2019 at 10:35 PM).