Pulseaudio-dlna as addition/extension/package for libreelec

• Dear,

I have been playing with LibreELEC for a bit, however for my need, 1 thing is failing: there is no way to get the sound from the box, over the network to a dlna output. But LibreELEC has most of the solution already built in: pulseaudio. Currently it seems this can only connect to bluetooth. However pulseaudio is fairly extendable: there is Pulsaudio-DLNA

This small extension allows it to redirect all sound over network to any DLNA renderer. This is ideal to be able to get the sound not from tv-loudspeakers, but directly from your hifi set.

Would it be possible to integrate this in LibreELEC?

thank you,

best regards,

Hendrik-Jan

• Ok, trying to scratch my own itch here:

I'm setting up a build env and build this as a package myself.

- Step 1: Make package file package.mk.pulseaudiodlna.txt

Stuck here: what are the commands I need to make this build? (attached is my build file)

- Step 2: How do I integrate this in the build env?

- Step 3: How will I get this to build in teh build env

- Step 4: ????

- Step 5: Profit. (nah, just an additional package for Libreelec)

Thanks.

Hendrik-Jan

• This Python package has many dependencies, in particular compiled ones (lxml). You will need to create a package.mk for each one of them, and then bundle them into an addon.

Docker seems appropriate, especially since Python 2 (which is required by the package) will soon be replaced by Python 3 on LibreELEC.

• Right,

I have been messing about with docker on this.

The "more ideal" route would be to have pulseaudio on libreelec available over DBus, so I can connect a docker container with only pulseaudio-dlna.

However, this seems not to work, as I can not get access to pulseaudio-dbus on libreelec?

So I am now looking at using pulseaudio over network to pulseaudio on the docker container, and then using pulseaudio-dlna to the docker container pulseaudio.

I am trying to follow: this libreelec wiki page but my biggest issue with it so far is that I need to stop kodi, add a module to pulseaudio, start kodi and connect to the new module on docker. This can all be done, but it seems a bit of a pain to get this running automatically on boot, which is what I would need. Is there something I am not seeing here?

thanks

• PulseAudio DLNA will not work natively because pulseaudio runs as root on LibreELEC.

You could use a pulse ALSA device to stream Kodi output to PulseAudio, and then stream that to a network or combined sink.

To create a pulse ALSA device, install the Snapclient addon that ships the pulseaudio ALSA plugins (I will hopefully change that soon), then edit /storage/.config/asound.conf to include the following lines:

Restart Kodi or reboot, then configure Kodi to use that device, which should remain available.

Unless that device is configured otherwise, it will stream to a null PulseAudio sink. To fix this, you must create a PulseAudio configuration in /storage/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d, eg 99-dlna.conf to create a network or combined sinks.

I hope that this will help you forward.

• Hi awiouy,

thanks a lot. this does help me foreward as it confirms indeed that I would need to create some audio device on libreelec as network sink. This sink I should connect to on docker, and there I can have pulseaudio-dlna connect to it.

After that I can again stream over network, and see (hear) what comes out.

Let's hope the lag will not be too crazy..

thanks again, I now know what I have to do,