[v8.95.2 BETA] - Very long delay before Autoplay CD kicks in

• Hello,

I recently updated to v8.95.2 BETA, from a Milhouse build, but the following issue was also present on the Milhouse build I was using (from 22. june 2018)

Hardware : raspberry pi 3B, running from SD card, justboom audio DAC hat (btw - that worked admirably well - plugged it in, on first boot it was default output without config!), and an external cd/dvd drive connected to a powered USB hub.

I am using the default skin (Estuary).

I used to have power problems (yellow thunder occurring occasionally) which I suspected to be the cause of this, but since I recently I bought a proper powersupply, the thunder is gone, but the problem persists.

Symptoms : put a CD into the CD drive and close it. It immediately starts spinning. For a "short eternity" (around 2 minutes) nothing at all happens, then the music starts to play.

A log snippet is attached. There is some activity regarding DVD and CD at the beginning and end of it. Inbetween there is only a huge amount of noise from two plugins (vpn manager and mediathekview), but I haven't been able to locate anything else suspicious. cd_autoplay.zip

Little over 10s after closing the CD tray, a "Disc" menu item appears. I can go into it, and click "Play disc" (not done when recording attached log). This renders kodi unresponsive for over a minute (I'm controlling via web-app, don't know if keyboard works). After ca 1 minute, the cd starts playing, and kodi is responsive again.

Expectations : well, the music should start playing a bit sooner.

Greetings,

Indriði

• Additional info:

I disabled the addons that clogged up the debug log, and also disabled the CDDB lookup for CDs, with no effect - it still takes around 2 minutes for autoplay to start playing.

I also noticed, that if I go to Disc -> Eject once the system is freshly started, with a CD in the player, it also becomes unresponsive for 1-2 minutes, before ejecting the disc.

Greetings,

Indriði