Picture viewer max resolution is 1920x1080

• Is there any hope to get 4k resolution in LE (at least) when I watch my 4k pictures?
    Right now if I go to pictures and open a 3840x2160 pixel image it first downscaling to 1920x1080 and then upscaling back to 3840x2160.
    The result is disappointing.
    Is this depends on Kodi or LE?
    In Android there is an app called native android picture viewer (or similar) that displays the pictures in 4k resolution, but the android screen is not pixel to pixel to the tv and I cannot adjust it so it is a little bit distorted (but still much much better than in LE)
    I can only see my pictures in full-res if I put the images on a pendrive and plug it into the tv's USB port and watch them with the internal image viewer.

Edit: The LE resolution is 2160p60 and the tv report it correctly. I'm using the latest 4k test version of 006.
    With the attachment anybody can check the screen resolution on a 4k tv. (If you can read the text on it then 4k)

• Picture viewer renders pictures to GUI and GUI is rendered at 1080p. In .006 and some early test versions GUI was rendered at 4K and that caused videos to stutter and overall performance was not good.

• Video goes through a different path: hardware decoder renders it directly to the screen and it is real 4K. So as long as you decode video in hardware, it'll be real 4K. With software decoding it is limited to 1080p.

• I've put back your first 4k test version which renders GUI in 4k and the pictures are perfect (pixel to pixel to the tv).
    Is there a chance to fix the 3 sec stuttering in 4k playback in that version?
    You said it is a S905 issue, it's not enough power to render the video and the GUI in 4k together.
    I don't mind if the 4k playback stutters when the GUI overlay on it but when I watch the movie without any overlay it should be work, isn't it?