Library question

• Hi,

I have a library-related question that I hope someone can answer.

This is my setup:
    1. I have a WD MyCloud drive connected to the home network. This drive has all my photos, videos, and music.
    2. I have a Raspberry Pi with Libreelec in the living room also connected to the network. This has a library of my media in the WD MyCloud device. The library on Libreelec is shared across my home network.
    3. I have a laptop/iPhone/iPad in other rooms also connected to my home network which I use to watch my media. I would launch a media player app, choose to view the UPNP SHARE of my Libreelec RPi, see the LIBREELEC LIBRARY, and choose a media file to view/watch.

My question then is: If I'm watching my media from a media player (as describe in #3 above), does the data traffic flow from WD MyCloud --> Libreelec on RPi --> then to the laptop/iphone/ipad? Or am I just using the shared library to view the media but as I play the media, it flows from the WD MyCloud --> straight to the laptop/iphone/ipad?

Probably a newbie question but something I've been wondering for some time now.

Thanks in advance!