HDMI-CEC Settings in LibreELEC

• I have an Intel NUC8I7 that has onboard HDMI-CEC, with settings in BIOS.

What I want to accomplish is when I press the TV Power button.. it of course Power's On the TV - and that would send HDMI-CEC signal to turn On the NUC running LibreELEC.

Same sort of scenario going from On to Off.. press the TV Power button again.. turns Off the TV - and that would send HDMI-CEC signal to turn Off the NUC and shutdown LibreELEC.

This seemingly should also work by Powering On/Off the NUC and having the TV respond accordingly vs pressing the TV power button and having the NUC respond accordingly.

Are there settings in LibreELEC to get this working with the NUC's onboard HDMI-CEC?

Below is the information on the NUC onboard settings taken from the manual:

r105dx.png

Legacy Device Configuration

Edited once, last by mrc00l88 (December 30, 2018 at 5:13 PM).

• I would suggest looking at Setting --> System --> Input --> Peripherals --> CEC and see if there is anything there to suit your requirements.

• I would suggest looking at Setting --> System --> Input --> Peripherals --> CEC and see if there is anything there to suit your requirements.

I set up my Raspberry Pi 3A+ with Libreelec Leia so that after an hour of inactivity it would turn itself off. If I want to wake up when I turn on the TV (I have a Sony), should I look there too?

• Thanks for that info. I'm currently setting up '3' Odroid-C2 units, and ran into the 'duplicate button response' (which turns out to have been a 'triple' since I also plugged in a USB-MCE-IR-Receiver).

Didn't know there was such 'flexibility' in the configuration, and am glad I was able to disable the 'TV off' functionality, as it grew tiresome to have to keep turning it back on...

And, was concerned that the 'built-in' IR receiver on the Odroid card wouldn't be 'visible' and hence 'unresponsive' to button pushes, but with CEC forwarding the commands via the TV's IR receiver, this makes the placement of the Odroid inconsequential (except for WiFi receptivity issues).

ALSO, currently using LE 9.0.2 which some have stated the 9.x versions broke at least some of the CEC functions, which 'I' haven't encountered... (yet ?)

• BUT, I just downloaded the 'nightly' dev image, and tested it (briefly), discounting everything I just said...

MCE remote 'button pushes' aren't being 'seen' via CEC, though the limited TV remote-control's are (and I'm aware that the MCE keyboard configuration will now have to be implemented differently, to see the 'text' keys).

Edited once, last by yubby: And, the 'power on' via CEC (from the TV selecting the source) doesn't function either. Fell back to LE 9.0.2 and everything worky as expected. Though, still don't have a USB-Wifi dongle that will work (since the selection is so limited) (October 26, 2019 at 2:03 AM).