LE+RPi2. Folder on external USB drive appears empty.

• I plugged a USB drive into my RPi2 running LibreElec8.0.1, and one of the folders has started appearing as empty(it wasnt appearing empty before). When i plug the USB drive into my PC, I can see all the files in the folder.

Not sure whats going on, any suggestions?

Cheers

• Not sure whats going on, any suggestions?

LibreELEC 8.0.1 is a pretty old one already. Possibly the SD card has gotten corrupted a bit over time, and LibreELEC's OS has become unstable.

One other possibility: your USB drive may have gotten one more (minor?) disk errors, causing LibreELEC's Linux OS to not mount the USB drive to prevent further harm. So check your USB disk in Windows for errors anyway.

Also, if your USB drive is still in Windows' sleep or hibernation mode, that will prevent Linux from mounting the disk. So connect it to a Windows PC, and unmount/eject the USB disk properly (or fully shutdown the PC), and try the USB drive on LibreELEC again.

Since it "works" when plugged into your PC, I assume the PC is running Window, and the USB drive is formatted either FAT32 or NTFS.

You could put a fresh copy of LibreELEC 8.2.5 on to a 2nd RPi's SD card and check the USB drive again.

• The USB disk mounts fine, and i can see and play files in other folders on the same drive.

I’ll try fixing errors on the drive on my PC and see if that helps.

Any other reason?

I wonder if LibreElec keeps a cache of the filesystem(on the SD card) and maybe that has been corrupted? If so, Is there any way to clear it?

Cheers