8.90.009 Alpha on rock960 (RK3399)

• Hi,

I am currently testing the 8.90.009 Alpha build on the rock960 board (specifically, the high-end consumer edition with 4 GB RAM). Here is some feedback so far from a few hours of testing:

• The on-board wifi is wonky for me (irrespective of what OS/firmware) so I have to use a wifi stick. With an Anadol AWL150 stick (based on the Ralink RT5370 chipset) I get a kernel hiccup with a lot of numeric output. LE then tries to continue, waits for Samba until it times out and remains frozen at Kodi's splash screen afterwards. A TP-Link TL-WN823N (RTL8192EU chipset) works flawlessly.
    • VP8 .webm files are not decoded properly. When playing back using the default PRIME acceleration, most videos (old Youtube rips in this case) show large-scale color errors and freeze after a few moments. Stopping the video gets me back to Kodi's UI normally. Switching acceleration from "direct-to-plane" output mode to EGL fixes the image but does not remedy the freezing. Disabling hardware acceleration entirely makes it even worse, producing a grayish-pink mess with a bit of green blocking. The video thumbnails of .webm files also look like this.
    • There are some issues with the LibreELEC settings addon. Occasionally all wifi and bluetooth networks/devices disappear from the lists. In that case trying to leave the addon does not work anymore, although I can still hear the navigation sounds in the background, and if I am lucky the addon closes after 20-30 seconds and I find myself at the home screen. The addon also tends to crash Kodi quite often when trying to enter it, leaving me at the VT with the boot messages. Whether I can still ssh into LE afterwards remains to be tried.
  • I found another bug, this one regarding zooming of "windowboxed" (letterboxed on all sides) .mp4 files. Changing the aspect ratio to "zoom" to make the playback fill the entire screen results in color glitches again, monochrome image partly overlaid by orange/pink. All other aspect ratio modes, including wide zoom, behave normally.

Disabling PRIME acceleration or changing the render mode from direct-to-plane to EGL works as an interim fix.