vdr 2.4.0 + dvbapi, works on x86, it doesn't work in libreelec (amlogic)

• Just installed LE9 and, as expected, I got the same result: no dvbapi connection from vdr, difficult to tune muxes with tvheadend (though I can tune some more today but that's because it's a sunny day and the signal is better).

I can say that with wrxtasy build video playing was smoother (maybe I'd have to touch some options in the player settings).

Oh, and I have to figure out how to make the remote work.

• No, but tvheadend more or less works (apart from the problematic muxes, but I'm quite sure that's a driver issue).

I'm much more interested in making vdr work with dvbapi (so I can control my actuator with an updated version of my plugin) and I'm at a loss to why it doesn't.

• The K1 drivers/tuner is FAR away from a "good" tuner - it works but expect problems.

You could try CoreELEC - they have an different driver maybe that part is fixed by "coincidence".

I did just that, but I cannot say that I found any difference wrt the tuning performance and even there vdr with dvbapi doesn't work :(

But I found a problem with tvheadend (that happens both with coreelec and libreelec): up until now I only tested with the tvheadend htsp client, but today I tried also with vlc following the links from the tvheadend server channels list.

If a channel is slow in tuning (for whatever reason), the tvheadend htsp client will always show "no signal", while vlc eventually will show the video.

No matter how long I wait, the htsp client will show "no signal", even when I'm watching the channel with vlc.
    And that's probably why I though the tuner was bad, just because the htsp client always shows no signal.

• Is the driver from AlexElec here the same exact one used by libreelec? (Edit: comparing the strings of the debug messages in the r848 module it seems so :()

I'm asking because apparently he says that the dvb-s/s2 tuner works fine (but maybe he's talking about another tuner) and I could only find this package in libreelec (with only a systemd service file) so I cannot compare the sources.

Edited once, last by olivluca (December 4, 2018 at 12:34 AM).

• I noticed in the log that the driver gives many:

kernel: DMX: dmx_remove_feed: unknown feed

errors as well as

kernel: DMX: too many filters

but only with vdr.

The firs error should never happen and regarding the second, by looking at /sys/module/aml/parameter/debug_dmx0_chanpids I never saw more than 11 pids used (out of 31).

I'm quite sure that vdr works, but maybe it's poking the driver in a way that makes it fail.

• No, I mean, the problem is with vdr.

I looked on how to add a new type of rotor to tvheadend but I find it messy: my plan is to use an arduino to control the dish jack.

I could easily extend the existing rotor with a new class that sends the commands to a serial port, but it would be much more difficult (due to my limited understanding of the code) to add some kind of feedback: I know when the dish is in position but currently tvheadend just wait a fixed time multiplied by the steps the rotor has to make and I don't like that.

I have all that already programmed as a vdr plugin (and with a good user interface to manually steer the dish), hence my interest in making vdr work.

In every forum post I found (even Russian ones translated with google translate), the problem is with this tuner coupled with vdr :(

• Today I tried the DVB-T part of the tuner. Libreelec (tvheadend) fails the scan of all the muxes, android finds all the available channels with no problem. :(

OK, I wasn't going to use the DVB-T tuner but still...

Then I plugged my siano based usb DVB-T stick, the standard LE driver doesn't work. OK, try the crazycat drivers. Those work (barely) with my DVB-T stick but the internal tuner doesn't work =O

• Another interesting discovery: I wasn't able to tune a couple of dvb-s muxes that were working some days ago. I wanted to connect the box in the attic to avoid the (minimal) cable loss and see if it made a difference, but before that I let the box switched off for a while to let it cool.

After turning it on again, without moving it, I could tune those muxes with no problem.

Heat related? I doubt it, when I tested under android I didn't let the box cool off, but one never knows.

For the time being I just turned the box upside down, I read that it improves the cooling, let's see if it keeps on working or if I'll lose those muxes after a while.

BTW, CvH I tried your nightly and it works fine, I also posted in the tvheadend forum about a patch I wrote and asking for advice, let's hope somebody answers.