Phone connected properly via bluetooth and set as audio source, but no sound

• Hi, I've been trying to set up my Pi running LibreELEC to function as a bluetooth audio receiver for quite a while now but can't get it to work.

Bluetooth seems to be running but no sound

I enabled bluetooth in the system settings and connected my phone. Afterwards I followed the official instructions here. My phone recognizes the bluetooth connection for media playback and does not output sound from its speakers when connected. Unfortunately, the Raspberry Pi does not play any sound either.

System sounds are working so it's not an issue of the speakers. In Kodi, I set the output device to PI: Analogue. I also checked whether the pulseaudio server is running - it is. After starting the playback on my device and using the commands pactl list short sinks and pactl list short sources again the audio sink and the bluetooth source both are tagged as RUNNING, which confuses me even more.

Maybe it's the main.conf bluetooth config?

I was wondering whether this might be an issue of the main.conf because some people said you have to add Enable=Source,Sink,Media and Class = 0x00041C to the file but I didn't manage to edit the file because of the read-only filesystem. Inserting the SD card into a card reader and editing the files on a different computer didn't work either because I don't understand the structure of the SD card, it's completely different from what you see when SSH-ing into LibreELEC.

Other than that I'm wondering whether you have to execute the steps in the setup manual every time you reboot the Raspberry Pi or if you can edit some config files that all of this happens automatically.

Any help is much appreciated, as I've looked through most forums and blog entries on how to set this up but had no luck and now I'm running out of ideas what to do!

More info:

Kodi 17.6

Bluez 5.43

• In case anyone is interested, I solved this problem by telling amixer to use the headphones as output after setting up sink and source for pulseaudio.

Code
    amixer cset numid=3 1
  • Hello,

It is an old post but i have the same issue.

I have an USB BT receiver/transmitter plugged on mu LE (x64 PC).

I would like to receive audio bluetooth on my LE (x64 PC) from my phone and send it to my PC analog out.

Can you say me step by step how to set LE as BT audio receiver and send the sound to my analog audio output ?

Thanks

• Hi,

Thanks, by waiting i read this wiki and as soon i enter this command :

Code
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect

I had sound from my Bluetooth source (smartphone) sent to my speakers with analog out :) .

Then i followed others instructions and it was ok, but after reboot : no audio again.

I think i have to add a .conf file and so i tried with this in my custom.conf :

Code
    pactl set-default-sink alsa_output.platform-aml_m8_snd.45.analog-stereo
    pactl set-default-source bluez_source.04_D3_95_BD_13_59.a2dp_source

I reboot LE but it doesn't work.

Maybe my conf file isn't good ?

• I already tried with autostart.sh but i will try again.

In fact, i just have to use the command

Code
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect

and the sound works. I don't even have to use systemctl stop kodi or anything else.

Is it normal that as soon as i send this command (SSH), all is working as i would ?

By waiting i will try to just put this code in the autostart.sh...

EDIT : it works !

So i just have to add the above single code line in an autostart.sh file in ConfigFiles and all is working : my audio bluetooth from my phone and/or my music files played from Kodi : all is sent to my speaker throught my analog jack output :) .

Do you know why i only need this line ? I thought i would have to define my output device...

Thanks.

Edited once, last by nonobio (April 28, 2021 at 5:04 PM).