Recording Error in TvH

• Hi all,

Just installed TvH (Version 4.2.5) on my LE Box (version 8.2.3.1) and I have an issue with recordings.

If I start a recording manually the file is created and its size increases with time. So far it all looks great. If I them manually stop the recording I get a message saying "PVR backend error".

The log looks like this:

I think the error 'cancelDvrEntry failed' might be the issue but I cannot find out how to fix this.

I have also seen comments that adding the startup option --noacl might help, but I cannot find out how to add this to test it out.

Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA

Greg

• Here is service.log after an initial turn ON of the device, start a recording Manually and then stop the recording manually. The same error as in my first post did appear.

TIA

Greg

service.log

Edit: Tvheadend HTSP Client is version 3.4.27.1 and the client and server are on the same box.

Edit2: Have found the problem, apparently the Client User that I was using, 'greg', did not have enough permissions so I created another user and checked everything and it worked. Probably overkill and I don't know which option fixed it. Here is a shot of how the old user was setup. Maybe someone can tell me what part is wrong.

Edited 2 times, last by gregeeh (October 22, 2018 at 5:59 AM).