Kodi hangs after some hours when watching TV

• Hi,

i'm a new libreelec user and first of all...this is a really cool distro :)

My setup is:

- tvheadend 4.2.6 is running on a 7*24 ubuntu 18.04 server

- tvheadend uses the 4 tuners of a digital devices Octopus NET C4/t4

- server is directly connected to the Octopus internal switch

- client is a Asrock Q1900M wiith a Asus GT 730 Nvidia Card

- server and octopus are located in a different room, between this room and the living room where the client is located a powerline connection is used. This connection is stable normally, bandwidth is about 300 MBit/s.

- client software is current libreelec v8.90.006 with Kodi Leila Beta3

In general the system runs perfectly....with one exeption: i'm using this setup now since 6 days in a "productive environment", and at 5 of these 6 days Kodi freezes completely after watching Live TV for about 2 - 3 hours :( System is still reachable via SSH, and after restarting Kodi everything is fine again the next hours...buit this is no solution with a high WAF ;)

Here a full Kodi Debug Log

I've just started Kodi (switching automatically to Live TV on startup) and did nothing more, Live TV was just running. After about 90mins the system freezed. At the end of the log i just pressed the up / down remote controll keys, but noting happened. Then i stopped Kodi...

Is somebody seeing any reason for this freezes? Any help appreciated...thx in advance!

Cheers Louis

Edited once, last by louis (October 19, 2018 at 4:10 PM).

• Hi,

thanks for the hint, i'll try that...but as far as i read if this power saving issue happens the the complete machine freezes. In my case "only" Kodi freezes, the machine is still reachable via ssh. So i'm not really sure if this is really the issue. But anyway, i'll try...

Cheers Louis

• oh then it is a different issue

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Hm...i like my NVidia Card ;) I'm a long year VDR user, so allow the question: with Kodi as fromtend, is picture quality when using the (rather outdated) onboard card with VAAPI really good compared to NVIDIA and VDPAU? Especially with deinterlacing 1080i?

May be a nvidia driver downgrade could help...is it possible to change the nvidia driver with libreelec?

• you don't need an Nvidia for anything these days besides running VDR and even there it should work without Nvidia these days ;)

The J1900 isn't the best platform but everything till 1080p should just work without any major quality problem.