Installation with no questions....bootable image on ssd

• Morning Folks

1. I am a n00bie to linux...

2.I have a old laptop i want to use as a Kodi box. Its mega thin no screen on it though...i7-4600u/12GB/120GB SSD so i thought would make a nice kodi player...(well plex as i am a plex users)

3. Problem - no screen on laptop.

4. I have taken the SSD out and written an image to it of ubuntu (sorry only just learnt about Libre...so with Ubuntu i can put the image on it but it only ever boots as a "try linux" live session.

this lead me to Libre. I want to get a Linux image built with no questions....as when booting until the graphics drivers kick in i have no display to work on. As mentioned it worked on ubuntu live session/bootload installer. i had windows 10 on it by loading windows 10 to it in another PC and when it did the 1st boot i took it out and put in the laptop which continued the build and worked.

with linux it wants to ask me questions i guess before the drivers kick in; which means i cant install...or see what is going on...

booting from usb 1st is guess work also not been able to guess that right yet lol

Thanks any tips welcome

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

^ Ignore the fact that this is NUC video; it clearly shows the installer workflow so you can figure out when to press enter, when to press left, then enter etc. to complete the installer. The only different part will be the screen where you select the target device, but if only the SSD is inside the laptop there should only be one option present and no need to navigate.

The alternative is a manual install. Create two ext4 partitions with a GPT scheme; first must be 512MB or 1GB in size, the second will be the remaining space on the disk. Install syslinux to the drive. Copy the contents of the USB installer stick to the first partition and edit extlinux so ensure the default boot option is run mode (not installer). After that put the SSD back in the laptop and it should just boot up into LE.