... nothing works... :-(

• Hello All

Might be that my questions are stupid, but I am at a loss.

I am trying to set up a new media center, to replace my old, windows 10 based system. I did my share of research online, and decided for LibreELEC in the end.

The hardware is a ASrock Mini-ITX mainboard, in a MSI chassis, with 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, and a 2,5" Blu-Ray player. Should be rather overkill for LibreELEC?

Installation of LibreELEC was a breeze. Network is wired, so setting that up was simple as well. Status is "Active". But then...

I am intending to use the box to watch Netflix, listen to Spottify, and watch Youtube videos. Mostly streaming services.

Problem one:

When I try to download the necessary add-.ons, I get a message "Could not access repository". Network, as said, is O.K..

Problem two:

When I insert a BluRay disc, it finds the disk, tries to autoplay it, but nothing happens. When i go to the disk menu and choose "Play" I get the message "One or more titles could not be played" (or similar). The region is correctly set to "B", for Europe.

The message ends with "check the logfile". But the only entry in the logfile is "Kodi was successfully started" or such- no other entries. The debug log, or whatever is running in real time in the left top corner, shows as path "..; storage, etc.", but I cannot find thise files any where in the file manager.

So nothing actually works...

What am i doing wrong? I am not capable of any command line rodeo, and know zip about linux. Is there any user friendly solution for my problems? Or did the installation just go bust somehow?

Thanks for you help, and sorry if my questions are dumb,

Gab

Edited once, last by Gab Largh (October 10, 2018 at 9:02 PM).

• Thank you, Chewitt! :)

I took an advise on another forum that basically goes:

"As HTPCs will require a fair amount of tinkering, stick with a OS you know."

Being a windows guy for 2 decades, and able to really can dig in the system's guts here, I decided to go with another Win10 system (sorry). I might go over the instructions you sent me at a later point, and try to set up LibreELEC on my, now kinda obsolete, old system. And when I get it to work there, I may try a switch.

But for now you can consider this case closed.

Thanks again for the prompt response! :)

Gab