Fixed resolution with conservation of variable refresh rates

• Hi All,

I'm running Kodi 18 (LibreELEC, Nightly) on a RPi3. Because i'm using a heavy skin i want to reboot my pi at night. I'm doing this with a cronjob. Because my receiver is turned off when rebooting the RPi boots with a black screen. I've managed to fix this with the "hdmi_force_hotplug" option in de config.txt.

This fixes partially my problem. Because it can't negotiate a resolution while rebooting (with the receiver turned off) the resolution is set to 640x480. Manually changing this back to 1080p isn't an option for the rest of our household.

I've managed to fix this by adding

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=16

(reference; Video options in config.txt - Raspberry Pi Documentation)

This only add's a new issue. Because the resolution is "fixed" the option "adjust display refresh rate" within Kodi doesn't work anymore therefore movies are always played at 60Hz.

Is there another way to fix my problem?

• Rebooting every night is a like a band aid. If there is a memory leak somewhere it should be fixed.

Get us a debug-enabled full kodi.log (via a pastebin site), perhaps we're overlooking something obvious. Which skin?

Will the log be saved when kodi freezes? I will enable full debug log and when it freezes again i'l upload it.

I'm using the Estuary Mod V2.

The strangest thing is i only have the freezes on my RPi3. I'm having the exact same setup (backup/restore) on a RPi2 running in my bedroom without any problems.

• There are 3 possible log files:

- kodi.log

- kodi.old.log (log file of the previous Kodi session)

- kod-crash_***.log files with also in-depth information.

Estuary Mod v2 has a crap-load (excuse my French) of other supporting and assistence dependencies that could disrupt Kodi workings. I had v2 installed in the past and had buggy experiences on a generic PC setup.

I'd suggest you use the normal Estuary skin for a week or so, and see if any memory problems surface. No idea why a RPi2 would work better than a RPi3. Is the RPi3 overclocked in some way?