Considering change from OSMC

• I've been running Kodi/TvHeadend/OSMC for well over a year on an RPi 2B (complete Kodi client/server), and am about to upgrade software. I'm considering LibreElec, and would like to know the Pros/Cons of making such a shift. For example, how easy is it to install TvHeadend (or are there other better choices now?). Can I run all of Kodi on just a RPi2B and still record and watch HD shows simultaneously as I have been able to do with OSMC? This will be a dedicated Media Center, so I don't plan on adding other apps, aside from possibly Plex, but even that is unlikely.

Thanks in advance

Edited once, last by WillStewart (August 17, 2018 at 4:18 PM).

• The only real difference, it that unlike OSMC where you can install most things with sudo apt install xxxxx, with LE you cannot as it is a read only system. If you have non Kodi installs then you will need to check if LE has something that will suit your needs.

Tvheadend server and client are available as addons.

If you're happy with the performance of Kodi on OSMC, then it will be just as good, if not better :angel:.

One thing you'll need to advise is the TV tuner used, as this can be an issue.

The best thing to do is install LE on a new SD card and give it a try and see if it meets your needs.