Linux patch rename so Windows doesn't whine about colon.

• I find it hard to believe I'm the only one that attempted to check out the repo in Windows in the past seven months. :) Anywho, from the docs I read on how the build chain patches the name shouldn't matter as I was looking at dropping a PR for removing the colon so Windows doesn't whine like a little kid that had it's candy taken away on the following file.

LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux/patches/default/linux-999.21-intel_idle:-Disable-C6N-and-C6S-on-Bay-Trail.patch

Looks like 8.2 on up for branches. So, does the team prefer PR for each branch......or both branches in one, etc?

• Official Post

Others might have tried but their labours would have been in vain. You'll need to clone LE to a case-sensitive Linux filesystem like ext4 to build a fully working LE image else the permissions of numerous critical system files in the image (if you even get that far) will be trashed and either the image won't boot or important services won't start. You'll need to use a Linux VM or container to build images; both of which should shield colons from the host OS. For the record, our 8.2 branch is no longer open to changes; only bumps to existing addons will be accepted.

• I have no intention to attempt building LE in windows. That would be insane. This is just to allow checkout for changes when I'm not on my Linux box. :blush:

• Changing a single patch to remove the colon would be accepted if PR'd, but if you do that from a Windows filesystem git will (or should) also pick-up a change from 644 to 777 permissions which would grounds for rejecting the PR (or sending it back for rework).