guide.xml file created with webgrabplus doesnt match channels and doesn´t display epg info

• Hi,

I am using webgrabplus to create an epg xml file. I set Iptv Simple Client to take the epg information from that file but I can´t see any epg info so I would like to know the reason.

Is the guide.xml file created with webgrabplus compatible with Iptv Simple Client?

How the system knows how to match the channels from my iptv to the ones on the guide.xml?

Edited once, last by jor2404 (July 29, 2018 at 8:27 PM).

• Your question makes all the difference...How the system knows how to match the channels from my iptv to the ones on the guide.xml?

You probably have to do it manually...the "system" doesn't know that channel x on your EPG xml is channel y on your playlist so you have 2 options..

You can either edit your channel names in your playlist to match the channel names in your WebGrab++.config.xml.. iptv simple client will then match the names..

or you can add something like this in your playlist:

This way you can leave channel name as is in playlist and just edit the "x" to match the WebGrab++.config..

Code
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="x" tvg-name="x",channel name

Otherwise you can take an easier approach and edit the WebGrab++.config.xml directly without touching your playlist...

Just edit the "xyz" to match the channel name in your playlist...

Code
    <channel update="i" site="whatever.com" site_id="99" xmltv_id="xyz">xyz</channel>
  • Resuming this thread.

I can´t make it work.

For example in my WebGrab++.config.xml i have this:

Code
    <channel update="i" site="plus.es" site_id="TVE" xmltv_id="ES:LA 1">ES:LA 1</channel>

And in my iptv simple iptv.m3u.cache I have this:

Code
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="ES:LA 1" tvg-logo="" group-title="CANALES ESPANA",ES:LA 1
    http://iptvtool.es:9977/62899/iptv/37103

But I can´t see epg information for any channel.

Is this channel configuration right?

• In your iptv.m3u.cache,your tvg-id is empty you have to enter that...and always go to Pvr & Live TV settings in kodi settings and Clear data when you make changes to your webgrab or playlist otherwise the cached playlist will not update the changes

• In your iptv.m3u.cache,your tvg-id is empty you have to enter that...and always go to Pvr & Live TV settings in kodi settings and Clear data when you make changes to your webgrab or playlist otherwise the cached playlist will not update the changes into iptv.m3u.cache. Do you know if it is possible?

The problem is that my list is loaded from an URL so I don´t know if I can make changes

• You need to download that list locally and where you have tvg-id="" you enter the channel as in webgrab tvg-id="ES:LA 1"

Otherwise try tvheadened where you can point the channels to your EPG manually