M8S PLUS W not the MECOOL

• Hello gang have this Android M8s Plus W not MECOOL Brand, I updated via ota to the latest firmware but it keeps freezing then I have to unplug after plugging it response to remote control but Wi Fi doesn't want to turn ON, I turn it ON and immediately goes to OFF, after leaving it unplug for a while it works all good and then it all happens again, I wonder if I can Install the custom ATV ROM used with X96 mini, it shares the same Amlogic S905W chip....................................................................Also this box doesn't have the reset button in order to enter recovery mode I use the reini apk................................................it has only WiFi, no RJ45 LAN Port, Thanks in advance IPTVKid

• I know, that is why I am asking if I can use the libreelec with this one too. I am using libreelec external boot with MXq Android 4.4.2 with external SD Card.........................................Thanks

• Ahhhh I see where I made the mistake, I confused ATV with Librelec, that is my bad, I apologize, what I meant is using librelec for this box that has Amlogic S905W is is a 1G/8G only WiFi doesnt have RJ45 ethernet port................................Thanks in advance.....................

• Did you even try any other method? [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device (2. ... To boot the system .....)

As for the toothpick method - there are differences too - some have a dedicated reset button on the bottom, some use the audio slot like

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did you even try any other method? [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device (2. ... To boot the system .....)

As for the toothpick method - there are differences too - some have a dedicated reset button on the bottom, some use the audio slot like

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The thing with this box is it doesn't have the reset button, I tried re ini apk wish takes me to android recovery mode but from there how to I install libreelec directly to box? If I see an android box that has no fix at all it is better to use librelec but not everyone likes the idea to have an SD card slaved for life in a box, in my case I don't mind

• Edit: Just to be clear - your "takes me to android recovery mode" looks like you're booting to original recovery!? So those 2 methods you tried up till now are not working for device.

You tried ALL possible positions for reset buttons? (as I said there are at leat 2 i know of, but might be more) You may find the correct position in proper android forums (like freaktab or xda).

re ini apk? What do you mean by that? Anyway ... so .... you tried to boot from SD card (not USB Stick)? You can install directly to box once you've booted to libreelec using sd card method. But then you write you don't mind to have it on SD card - what now? Boot from internal or sd card?

The link above does list 6 possible ways to boot to libreelec suitable for all devices. So far, I do know you tried 1? reset buttom and some "re ini apk". Please be more detailed, incl. results on those tries.

I am sorry to say, but sometimes it might be hard/requires a little effort (sometimes even impossible) to get libreelec running, well not directly libreelec, more like any custom system, and the developer of the device is to blame. You can actually test it by trying to boot another system or even s.t. like twrp for your device (search proper android forums again for s.t. that)

• Searching with google I found how to make a copy of the factory firmware using teamwin twrp, I opened up the box and it doesn't have a reset button, the only way I can get to recovery mode is by using the reini apk, I am also searching if on the board I can solder a reset button but no luck so far, this new M8S Plus W has the Android 7.1.2 version on it but after installing new software via OTA it was suppose to fix some bugs but it didn't fix the WiFi going dead after a few minutes of use and the only way to have it fix is unplugging the box from power for 5 minutes no less, but then after playing a movie or TV series using K0dee or any app without Kodee after 45 minutes more or less it reboots by it self and the WiFi doesn't work, again I have to unplug from power for 5 minutes and then it works again for 45 minutes more or less, that is why I prefer to install librelec directly to box or dual boot with external SD Card, I can't have 3 or more SD cards slaved to do thsi work so I prefer to install the librelec into the box......Thanks in advance and sorry for the misunderstanding..........AZ