Need help choosing a box

• So I have read the threads on here about choosing one, but I guess my technical competance is off to be able to figure it out fully for myself. I am looking to purchase a box for 4k media playback off a 4TB harddrive. This is really all I need it for.

So I am closest to purchasing the Minix NEO u9-H as, from what I've read, it seems like it would be fairly easy to install LibreELEC on it and it should then easily handle my 4k blu-ray rips. They are like 40GB MKV files mostly. Though I also have several 1080p files.

But that is $130, which is a bit pricy compared to some other options which seem more controversial. For example. I have considered the Beelink A1, which has decent specs. But a review at the XDA forums Beelink A1 TV Box Review: A Tiny Box with a Lot to Offer claims that, while a decent box, it struggles with 4k files. Is this because of the preinstalled OS? Would installing LibreELEC allow it to perform better?

I have similar questions about the Dolamee D9 Amazon.com: 4K Android TV Box , DOLAMEE D9 Amlogic S912 Octa Core 3GB RAM 16GB ROM Smart Player Support 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0: Electronics which is even cheaper...

Does anyone have experience playing 4k blu-ray rips on these products or similar ones?

The issue I have with the Vero 4k is that it is from England and I am in the United States. I prefer to buy off Amazon as I already pay for Prime shipping if possible. I am open to any product recommendations.