Samba share on fresh RPi 3 B+ (LibreELEC 8.2.5) doesn't work

• Hi.

I'm currently stuck on not being able to connect to my Samba share on my Asus RT-AC66U B1. I have 2 External HDD's connected to it, one using USB 3.0 and the other using USB 2.0. I believe my router is using Samba v. 1.5 from the following powershell command:

Get-SmbConnection -ServerName RT-AC66U_B1 | Select-Object -Property *

I have an older RPi 2 model with an USB WiFi dongle, which had started to stutter during playback, so I wanted to upgrade. Also I plan on using my older RPi 2 as a MySQL library storage.

I installed the newest LibreELEC version this morning (8.2.5) on my RPi 3 B+, however I am unable to connect to my Samba share as I have done it on my RPi 2.

It returns after each login attempt saying the password is wrong. When looking in the kodi.log I get "permission denied".

I read the changelog which mentioned Samba v1 not being support unless set up in the configuration. So I set up the SMB settings on my RPi 3 B+ to range from SMB1 to SMB3. However I still get the "wrong password" and "permission denied".

Does anyone know why this could be?

I do have SSH access to my RPi 3 B+ so in case I need to go change some config files I'd be up for that.

• Okay.

I don't know why this fix worked, or well, I do a little.

However my older RPi 2 had set it's SMB versions to range from SMB1 to SMB3. That worked without any problems.

However it appears to have been a little different with my newer RPi 3 B+. I had to explicitly set the Samba Min version to SMB1 and Max version to SMB1 and enable "use legacy authentication" or something like that, in the same menu.

And suddently it worked!

I really need a NAS so I can avoid spending half a day on figuring stuff like this out. Anyway I will now get on to use my RPi 2 as a Central Database.

I hope this helps someone else out there with the same issue.