hard power off

• Hi,

I'm using LibreELEc on an RaspberryPI without an additional hard drive (just the SDCard with LibreELEC installed). The media files comes from a NAS.

Now I would like to build this setup into an old radio and add a hard power switch to it.
    -> Is it possible to make a setup to not break the system or any other files/filesystem so that it's safe to switch the power off without halt the system?

Thanks for help

• Hi nickr,

thanks for your reply but that's not what I was looking for. Sorry if my question wasn't clear.

What I need is a power switch for ALL elements in the old radio = RaspberryPI + audio amplifier.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know it's safe to hard power off the RaspberryPI in case it's not writing something to disk and because LibreELEC mounts the system in read-only mode this partition should be safe. So I tought it should be possible to also mount the other partiion in read-only mode or just make sure it's not writing anything to it automatically (like auto update or some logs).

This in mind is it possible (and how) to configure LibreELEC to not write anything to disk except on doing manual work on it
    and just impl. a very very simply power switch like that: LT-2077-1361800891.jpg

Thanks