libreelec + tvheadend - local kodi fetching picons very slowly and with curl timeouts

• Okay I see the same for me, so it is buggy Curl (oh surprise) or there are too many connections to tvh (i don't think so).
    I use a extern Tvh server and got the same problem so it is not LE-Tvh build related.

The easiest way to check for Curl problem is to update to a milhouse build and check if it is working there (I curently have no time to switch one of my test units).

• At least you can reproduce it, that means I'm not mad or having paranormal issues

Don't think it's too many connections either, curl just appears to try to reuse them, with max 15 connections apparently (same on windows kodi), but on LE something just goes wrong and they stall until timeout... causing the annoying 10 sec. delays

I will try to report the non standard HEAD returning contents to TVH guys, maybe that actually fixes it...

I'm having the issue since OE6 at least, then it's not new at all, I may try LE8 / milhouse soon out of curiosity.

Thanks CvH for all your help, testing and confirming the problem!

Edited once, last by nars (August 25, 2016 at 9:03 AM).

• JFYI, I did test some different versions and here are the results...

I can reproduce the problem on these:

- OpenELEC 6.0.3 (curl 7.47.1)

- LibreELEC 7.0.2 (curl 7.48.0)

- LibreELEC 7.90.004 (curl 7.49.1)

- LibreELEC milhouse devel-20160828003726-#0827-g7cef50d (curl 7.50.1)

- Kodi 17.0 beta1 for Windows (curl 7.48.0)

I can NOT reproduce the problem on these:

- OpenELEC 5.0.8 (curl 7.37.1)

- Kodi 16.1 for Windows (curl 7.42.1)

Edited once, last by nars (August 29, 2016 at 11:26 AM).

• I did tried your build 4.1-2216-30.08.2016 and it seems perfect now!

Btw, just out of curiosity you have any idea if it will also be fixed on tvh 4.0.x? (my interest is that I still use it on my main tvh server, but I will eventually upgrade it anyway...)

Many thanks for your help and all the ones involved.

Edited once, last by nars (August 31, 2016 at 5:44 AM).

• 4.0 is stable for me, missing some new features... but usually no problems running for months on my main server... but yes I will eventually upgrade it for sure.

Anyway I could then see on git that the fix was also applied on 4.0 branch (along with some few other commits since 4.0.9) then maybe not fully dead yet, unless it is for you and you will not compile updated addon ;)

• It's back with

Server : HTS Tvheadend 4.1.2415
    Client 3,4,14 kodi 17, libreelec beta 3.

• Not the same problem... sure you have all ok with tvheadend access control permissions? Maybe it needs some specific permission to get icons, that you didn't enable for that user?

If you don't find why try this on ssh and post the output:

Code
    curl -o /dev/null -v -m 10 http://USERNAME:[email protected]:9981/imagecache/573

(replace USERNAME/PASSWORD by the same one you use on kodi tvheadend pvr addon...)

Edited once, last by nars (February 14, 2017 at 10:42 AM).

• Not the same problem... sure you have all ok with tvheadend access control permissions? Maybe it needs some specific permission to get icons, that you didn't enable for that user?

If you don't find why try this on ssh and post the output:

Code
    curl -o /dev/null -v -m 10 http://USERNAME:[email protected]:9981/imagecache/573

(replace USERNAME/PASSWORD by the same one you use on kodi tvheadend pvr addon...)

• It shows that http authentication failed, if you try to access that image url on your browser and use same http authentication user/pass you should probably get similar error...

Did you check access control permissions for that tvheadend user as I told you? Maybe you need to enable some specific permission for that user, so that it is allowed to fetch icons.

• The thing is,
    With the android htsp client it is no problem, in a browser it's not a problem.
    The password in client is all good, otherwise I also wouldnt see the stream. And I use the admin login for the client, so let's say with superpowers :)

Since it works with other client (android Tvheadend htsp client) it's probably something in my pvr.hts client ..... but I 've checked all options and I dont see what else I can do.

• It's weird really... my idea was that permission to access streams may differ to the one needed to access picons... that's why I told you to check access control permissions, however if you have all permissions enabled for that 'admin' user and if there is no other restrictions for that account at all (like ip based restriction...) then it may be some bug with that tvheadend version... I can't check it now with that version, sorry, but I may test it for you in a few days if you find no solution and no one else comments on this.

Btw, do you use some special characters for your password? just an idea...