What should I be able to view and control in Chorus 2 with TVHeadend 4.2 Installed

• I am running LibreELEC 8.2.5 on Wetek Play 2 with HTS Tvheadend 4.2.3-20 and LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.2.112 installed.

I have configured TVHeadend and can see the TV channels and EPG when viewing LibreELEC on my TV via HDMI. However I would prefer to use the system headless if possible and access and control the system via Chorus 2.

However although I can view Kodi in Chorus 2 when I click on the PVR icon I can only see the TV Channels as large thumbnails. I cannot view the EPG. If I double click on one of the Channel thumbnails e.g. BBC 2 the Thumbnail view changes to a list view with an arrow to play and a radio button to record. If I click play nothing happens?

I am not sure if there is a fault or if I have not configured Kodi correctly.

Should I be able to view the same EPG layout via Chorus 2 as viewing directly via an HDMI connection? If not is there a way to view and schedule recordings via Chorus 2

I also appear to get some socket connection errors whilst viewing either in Chrome, Edge or IE11. Could this be the issue?

I am trying to view the box over my gigabit LAN not outside the network.

Any assistance for this Newbie would be appreciated

Fozzie

• I'm sorry I can't really help. But why is it you want to use Chorus?

The tvhead webpage allows you to view channels.

You could also get a tvhead client for other devices.

• Thanks Bubblegum57,

I can view TVHeadend webpage and make changes to channel sorting etc but I cant any view any of the channel streams. When I click on a channel I either get a prompt to download an m3U file or if I select watch TV from the toolbar I get "Loading" followed by "an unknown error has occurred"

Again I dont know if this is a configuration issue or a fault?

Fozzie

• On the TVh webpage, NOT Chorus,

Top Left,

Electronic Programme Guide on the row below that on the right is watch TV

A window opens, Select Channel. select stream profile webtv-vp8-vorbis-webm

• I don't know if your saw the edit. select stream profile webtv-vp8-vorbis-webm

or, go to Configuration, stream profiles, add & try different ones from the drop down

• Ahhh,

Perhaps that's the problem. In the Stream Profiles I only have Audio, Matroska and Pass listed no other options.

In Stream configuration settings there is a default htsp but this is not listed in the drop down box of the viewer window unless that is the default "Blank" option

Fozzie

• is your configuration set to Advanced?

Try this

Stream, add, from the drop down, select Transcode/av-lib

From Container select WEBM/built in

Comment WEBTV profile VP8/Vorbis/WEBM (don't think this is important)

Video codec libvpx: libvpx VP8

Video codec preset faster: h264 / h265 / qsv(h264)

Audio codec libvorbis: libvorbis

leave the rest as default,

I'm sure there is a way easier than this, but don't know how

• Thyanks for your patience on this Bubblegum57

Version of TV Headend As per your reply and original post. Version is HTS Tvheadend 4.2.3-20 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.2.112

Settings were set to Advanced now Expert

Below is a screenshot of my view of tvheadend. When I choose new stream there are no other formats to choose from other than the defaults listed previously. there is certainly no WEBM/built in unless I am looking at completely the wrong menu

I assume I click on Stream Tab, then Stream Profile, then click green + button which open an Add Stream Profile window. From here the only options in drop down are Mpeg-TS Pass-through/built-in Matroska (mkv) built-in, HTSP Stream Profile and Audio Stream (HTSP Stream Profile is only visible now I have selected Expert view)

Either I am in the completely wrong section of the settings or something has not been installed properly!

Fozzie

• I just found this post on the TVheadend Forum.

This user had exactly the same problem as I have in that he couldn't see all the "Expert" settings. Unfortunately I am on latest build so unless I can find a newer nightly build I may have to wait as mine is a specific version for Wetek Play 2.

Fozzie

• Try this, Users, access entries, edit your user, then under streaming, select basic advanced & HTSP

Then go back to streaming profiles, transcode/av-lib when that page opens, select WEBM under container (you might not need to do this if you have more streaming profiles)

• Thanks again for your patience and help but I already have all those permissions as admin.

When I have a moment I will uninstall TVHeadend and re-install it from scratch to see if it makes any difference. I don't suppose there is a way to back up and re-import the configuration so I don't have to edit all the channels again?

Fozzie

• Thanks again for your patience and help but I already have all those permissions as admin.

When I have a moment I will uninstall TVHeadend and re-install it from scratch to see if it makes any difference. I don't suppose there is a way to back up and re-import the configuration so I don't have to edit all the channels again?

Fozzie

I googled & found this [TUTORIAL] Howto: Backup your TVHeadend Settings - WeTek Community Forum

• Official Post

I don't suppose there is a way to back up and re-import the configuration so I don't have to edit all the channels again?

go to your network share of your LE box, there to the userdata/addon_data/serive.tvheadend42 there just copy everything to some folder (deactivate tvh before you do it), if you wan't to keep your channels just kill everything besides these 2 folders

just remember, your browser is ONLY able to play H264 and VP8/9 also no AC3 audio etc !
    If your channel has mpeg2 etc then you need to transcode. Generally better to use some dedicated client (for W10 there are some at the Appstore) etc ...