Is it complicated to replace Kernel in Milhouse build?

• I startet last week with a Milhouse Build and updated to another custom build with higher Kernel.

Sadly I lost the DVB driver selector from CvH during upgrade. At least I cant find it anymore and my card is misrecognized as Sony. So far it does not seem to be a problem.

However I wanted to ask whether it is complicated to take a Milhouse build and replace the Kernel to a newer one for better hardware support.

• that is rather problematic due the way the dvb drivers are working at the kernel

if you use a 4.17 kernel you have to wait till the used media_trees get updated (maybe due pure luck it still works)

4.16 should work, its no overly problem to create an build but nobody had shared their changes for the updated kernel etc ... so starting by zero isn't something that is quickly done.

• Ok then I might just stay away from it. Is there some build like Milhouse with up to date Kernel that is maintained frequently?

The only thing about I am not sure whether it works properly with this driver is the signal strength feedback. I have no noticeable problems with the signal so far. But the GUI says I have sometimes only 1dB signal. I had a look there because I wanted to optimize position of the antenna.