Kodi no sound with passthrough On (DTS-MA / HD)

• I have a strange problem with kodi. Libreelec installed on htpc, htpc connected to AVR (Harman kardon 151S) , AVR to projector, all Hdmi connections. When I play something that has a dts hd or ma audio track, I get no sound unless I turn passthrough off. What can be the issue? I know for a fact that my AVR supports these formats.

QDnOmga.jpg

udrbuq1.jpguDRbuq1.jpg

Second problem, maybe unrelated, but sometimes when I play youtube videos or sometimes any kind of movie, I get absolutely no sound, I have to restart it or do some kind of "sound restart" by turning one of the audio settings (stereo upmix or passthrough) on and off. This was the case even before I got my AVR, and not just through HDMI.

If I replace the HTPC with my Windows 10 laptop+kodi, it works flawlessly. Only difference I can see is that the Windows has WASAPI, not ALSA

• Same thing happening here with LE 8.2.5 running on Odroid C2. Any change in sound format provided by the source file (be it Youtube stream or local file) results in no sound until I enable passthrough (if disabled) or disable it (if previously enabled). Additionally, after a couple of such changes the UI sounds become extremely distorted and played on full volume (which scares the s**t out of my neighbors at night).