DVD Plyaback Issues (With Logs)

• Hi All,

My wife has struggled with DVD Disc playback for a long time across several versions of Libreelec and I have finally had enough moaning to look into it.

I was wondering if some lovely people here could help assist me as I am way above my head as to why it is failing.

First a bit about my setup:

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 with latest 8.2.4 currently (although as mentioned happened on previous builds)

I have an external USB DVD Drive (I have tried two different drives same results)

This happens on large array of different original discs (Not sure we have ever had one that has never had an issue)

So the problems shows itself in a few ways:

1: You can hear the DVD player load the disc, stop load again, sometimes stop again and then loads again until Kodi finally sees the disc

2: Once the disc is loaded it brings up the menu and you press play on the Video_TS and it fails playback

3: Again you can hit play on Video_TS and it plays the first title then fails playback

4: Sometimes the screens that pops open when you load a disc opens twice

5: Sometimes it tells you its sucessfully removed the disc even though the disc is still in the drive

7: A little rarer it stutters playback and buffers and this doesnt resolve itself you have to stop and start again

8: Sometimes it just refuses to load any disc at all and have to reboot again sometimes several times

Other times it just plays fine and generally once it actually does start playing it is fine for the entire film.

I don't have any ISO's of DVD discs but it plays other movie files absolutly fine

As far as I am aware its a pretty standard setup I don't think I have changed anything advanced.

Timestamps of problems with attached logs:

14.15 - Failed to load the disc twice

14.21 - failed playback disc removed

14.22 - failed to play at all

14.23 - failed to load disc

14.23 - failed to play after first title

14.23 - failed to play after first title

14.24 - failed to load disc

14.25 - failed to play after first title

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

dmesg.log

Kodi.log

• Official Post

Please start all investigations from a current 9.0 development (milhouse) release because Krypton has been a dead codebase for ~6 months now. If the issue is not already resolved in Kodi v18 .. then start posting logs etc.