Problem with HDMI audio on Odroid C2 Libreelec 8.2.4

• Hi,

I need some hints for solving a problem with my audio output from Libreelec/Kodi:

Hardware: Odroid C2 with eMMC, installation of LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.4,

Connection via HDMI to HDMI splitter - sound to Denon AVR and video to projector.

Cabling is correct - if switching the new Odroid to the previous RaspberryPi 3 (Libreelec 8.2.4 as well) everything works fine (video and audio), parallel Xbox on the same splitter works fine as well.

switching back to the new Odroid C2 I get the picture but no sound. Notable difference is, in RasPi Kodi setup - settings Audio output was named "PI: HDMI", in Odroid C2 setup Audio output is named "Alsa: AML-M8Audio, HDMI "

I tried changing the channel-setting to "2.0" and "5.1", activated and deactivated "Passthrough" and restarted between changes.

Now i am running out of ideas.

ssh and looking up aplay gives the following:

LibreELEC:/ # aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: AMLM8AUDIO [AML-M8AUDIO], device 0: I2S.33 dummy-0 []

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: AMLM8AUDIO [AML-M8AUDIO], device 1: SPDIF.34 dit-hifi-1 []

card 0: AMLM8AUDIO [AML-M8AUDIO], device 2: PCM.35 pcm2bt-pcm-2 []

Does something look out of order? Is there anything I can try next? Of course I could switch back to the RasPi3, but it is driving me nuts that such seemingly simple switch of hardware with comparable settings should not work ;(

The odroid C2 was selected because some .265 encoded files with 10bit color were not displayed by the RasPi3. Odroid now shows the video in all its glorious clarity but stays mute...