VS1838B does not work in raspberry pi (SOLVED)

• I've been trying to make it work, but I do not get it, I thought it was the sensor's fault, but it works perfectly on an arduino with 3v voltage, I tried it again in raspbian and I did not get it either.I used ir-ctl -r to see if the sensor responds, the truth is that it responds, although very badly, when I point to the command it almost always does not respond, only sometimes, I would say that it is broken if I have not seen it working in arduino later

Can it be the sensor or is there a bug with lirc?

What similar sensor do you use that works?

Sensor: VS 1838B

Libreelec: 8.2.4

Raspbian: Stretch

Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

-----------------EDIT----------------

I put the vcc of the ir reciver on 3v3 in arduino and work, but when change the vcc to the 3v3 in raspberry, not work.

what can I do to make it work in 3v3 on raspberry pi ?. Any way to stabilize the circuit ?

Edited 2 times, last by jose383 (March 27, 2018 at 3:09 PM).

• There's not much info about the VS1838 except for a chinese datasheet and some posts stating that the Vishay (TSOP) receivers perform better.

One thing you should check is that you have proper filitering on the IR receiver's VCC pin. The datasheet shows a 100uF capacitor in parallel to a 100nF - which usually should be soldered very near to the receiver. A 100 ohm series resistor can further help reducing noise on the VCC line. From the datasheet it's not clear if this is needed, but as noise on the VCC line can impact performance it won't hurt if you added that filtering.

Personally I have only used Vishay parts so far, the well known TSOP34438 should do fine. I'm currently using the older TSOP34138 receivers here, which uses an older AGC version (1 instead of 4, the latter is recommended by Vishay for NEC and RC-5/6 remotes).

So far I didn't have VCC noise issues with these receivers. The receivers are connected via approx. 0.5m long shielded cable and I haven't soldered filtering caps to the receiver.

so long,

Hias