Sometimes getting a "no signal" on my TV when booting M8S Pro+

• I'm running the latest v8.2.3.1 LibreELEC by kszaq on a M8S Pro+ (SD card install) connected to my 2012 Samsung ES6710 TV.

If the M8S is not used for a while and I power it on and power my TV on afterwards I do not get a signal from the M8S.

I can put it on HDMI 2 input but the TV says no signal and I have to reboot the device before it's working.

This is from a complete shutdown and sleep/standby in LibreELEC.

I've read some links about editing the config.txt file but this is all related to the Raspberry PI.

I don't have a config.txt on /flash

Can anyone help me out with this?

• It's a U-boot issue and there is nothing LibreELEC can do about it because none of these cheap Chinese sellers supplies U-boot source code.

Best bet is to update the Android Firmware, which will update the U-boot code.

Such Android Firmware updates for the M8S Pro+ are done using the inbuilt Android Update app for a local update using a OTA update.zip file (save to a USB stick) found over on the Freaktab website:

Firmware - ROMs - Tools - FreakTab.com

Remove the LE SD card first.

• Hmmm that's really strange than.

Because I have 2x M8S Pro+ devices, one for downstairs and one for the bedroom.

The one in the bedroom does not have this problem at all...

Both are running the latest Android build provided by Freaktab forums.

M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20171128.111200.V0928)

Would it make a difference if I install LibreELEC to internal instead of SD?

• DO NOT install to internal, there is a very high chance you will brick the box.

And then restoring it via the USB burning tool has a high chance of destroying, unrecoverable HDCP keys if you mistakingly select the wrong option.

I will repeat there is nothing LE can do about Android devices bootLoaders. You will have to put up with the issue. Or possibly use a different TV.