No sound Intel Apollo Lake

• Hi, I just bought an intel apollo lake N3450 (Beelink S1) and am new to the Libreelec world, so I do not know much about the hardware compatibility in the system.

I have these connections: mini PC (hdmi) -> Philips TV (hdmi) → ht blu ray LG

In addition to these connections, I also tested Philips TV via optical cable → ht blu ray LG and had no audio as well.

I tested various audio settings, with passtrough and no passtrough, and none of them worked.

Other details:

TV is set to Multichannel sound output

HT Blu ray is configured with PCM Multichannel output

I'm pasting two logs, one from the stable version and one from a development version that I've tested too, both with the same problem.

Thanks any help

Log Stable version - ZhT

Log dev version- Zvp

• You also have to set the right audio output device in Kodi.

Settings/System/Audio - Official Kodi Wiki

Try the hdmiX or DP labeld outputs if you connect the HTPC with a hdmi cable.

Code
    [   20.022007] input: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=3 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/sound/card0/input7
    [   20.022184] input: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=7 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/sound/card0/input8
    [   20.022408] input: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=8 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/sound/card0/input9
    [   20.022622] input: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=9 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/sound/card0/input10
    [   20.023065] input: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=10 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:0e.0/sound/card0/input11

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (March 21, 2018 at 11:06 PM).

• Hi, I have tried to set the audio output as kodi wiki, but I still have the same problem.

Can it be the issue cause?

Code
    [3.406310] No soundcards found.
    [3.406309] ALSA device list:

If yeah, how can i solve it?

I read the post below the Kodi forum too (even being a post on Android system), which talks about setting passthrough on my TV (Philips 7100). Does this information influence the HDMI setting I am doing? I'm sorry if these are very beginner questions.

Audio Passthrough on Philips Android TV

Thanks for reply 5schatten

Edited once, last by roguedes: Detail more post (March 22, 2018 at 8:35 PM).

• Try one of my (Images – Google Drive) or escalades remix builds (LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS)

I use an apollo lake based board as well and had some quirks with vanilla LE too. The remix builds work fine with my board so give it a try.

You have tried all the audio devices listed in settings / system / audio / audio output devices?

My dmesg also lists that no soudcard is found so this should not matter.

Code
    [    1.699489] ALSA device list:
    [    1.699490]   No soundcards found.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (March 22, 2018 at 9:04 PM).

• It worked. I have tested the sound in some ways. Mini PC connected directly to the hdmi and aux port (analog sound) of home cinema and worked as expected. My best config is being through a hdmi switch / splitter, with the connections look like this.

Code
                     /-> TV
    HTPC -> HDMI Switch
                     \-> HT -> TV

So I got HD audio and resolution 4k on TV.

However I never could get a sound directly on TV (Philips Android PUG7100 Brazil model, equivalent to PUS7600 in Europe).

Thank you for your help.