Two problems one thread SMB and XORG server

• Ok noobie here I understand linux but I'm not too good with command line, With that being said I tried to install this on a ASUS P5N-EM HDMI but when it boots it says XORG server failed and just stays at the command screen and won't go any farther so I tried installing on a HP P2-1033w and it works fine but I cannot connect to my Windows Homer Server 2011 (If I put the network location in manually it says invalid argument) my Android boxes connect my other windows machine connects even my phone is there something that I need to install or am I missing something. I have read various threads and posts and tried a few fixes but nothing works any help would be great.Thanks,Dave

P.S I am using DD-WRT x64 for a router if that matters

• I will try that I think the sound issue could be because I use the hdmi instead of the vga connection and of course there are no Nvidia Linux drivers for the board

• I figured out the smb problem I was using the guest account with no password so I tried under my login and it worked so I guess the problem was no password