Kodi screen randomly freeze, need to power cycle

• Hi,

I am new to all this , using Wetek Play 2 and latest release (LibreELEC-WeTek_Play_2.aarch64-8.2.3.img.gz) on external SD card. I have to say that I am impressed with all the possibilities, and so far it works relatively well using TCheadend (better than WeTV to record programs). But I only have one small but annoying problem.

Once in a while (maybe once a day, cannot say in which in circumstances exactly but maybe during or after recording a live TV program), the screen freezes. The box is still alive (the TV is getting a signal, it still records and the TVheadend still accessible), but the only way to get my screen back is to unplug (disconnect power) and reconnect the box.

Any idea how to fix this ? It is installed on an external MicroSD card (a cheap one). Could a better Micro SD card or installing in box internal memory help?

Thanks

• If you watch Kodi and by "the screen freezes" you mean the Kodi frezes, then ssh into your device and:

systemctl restart kodi

instead of power cycle.

• Interesting.

I changed to a screen saver that shows time and system information (I wanted to know when the freeze occurs to look in the log). Has not happened since then.

It is like the problem happens only when the screen is inactive for a certain time.