[SOLVED] s905 - Audio problems, libreelec 7.02.005

• Hi,

when I start a new episode the audio is disturbed, strange noises.

Hardware: MiniMX S905, 1GB / 8GB
    Audio/Video connected to TV via HDMI
    No passthrough
    Number of channels: 2.0
    Tested wird: libreelec 7.02.005, 7.02.004 and openelec latest release. Everywhere same result. I can reproduce it with most of the videos.
    Installation: NAND

I have also a workaround: While playing the video open the audio screen, activate passthrough (no audio any longer), wait 2 seconds, deactivate passthrough: Now everything is ok.

Maybe it is the same like this: LibreELEC

Regards

Saber

P.S.: I don't know how to force a log write. In the share is only a log zip file before I reproduced it.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 7, 2016 at 5:19 PM).

• Hi,

here is an example file:
    mkv-with-ac3-startsWithKeyframe.mkv

Log-File is attached to this thread. In the Kodi log are only the relevant lines of my test sczenario included.

Regards

Karsten

P.S. It works without problems with a KODI installation on a Amazon Fire TV Stick
    P.P.S. I am running emby, but played this example file directly from ~/storage/download

• Hi,

I tested playing your file. There was no disturbed sound or weird noise on my box (s. signature). I tried multiple times, always fine.

Edited once, last by mmpp (August 4, 2016 at 11:49 AM).

• I know that the file is correct.

The difference between the systems is, that my TV is not AC3 capable and I have another Box (MiniMX)

Regards

Saber

• The difference between the systems is, that my TV is not AC3 capable and I have another Box (MiniMX)

I did not use the AC3 decoder in my TV, I used the same settings as you did. (2 channels, HDMI audio, no passthrough).

Try switching the cable or test connecting to another TV. If the problem persists, it might be particular to your box.

• I experimented a bit with new cables and settings.

Following setting fixed the issue:
    Force audio quality to 96kHz in the system>audio output > area.

Maybe this is helpful for somebody else.

Issue is fixed.

Regards

Saber