Mounting a NAS hosted DMG file (contains my iPhoto library)

• Hi.

Situation: due to necessary journaling my iPhoto library is contained in a DMG on my QNAP. My Mac opens it on load, no issues.

However to use the iPhoto (Pictures) addon I need to mount this DMG file, with a view I wont be sharing it from the Mac.

To date I've been successful with mounting the Share directory containing the DMG onto my RPi3.

This is where I'm failing: mount -t hfs -o loop iPhoto.dmg /destinationmount

Error: mounting /dev/loop1 on HFS failed: No such device

The Image is confirmed as HFS and not compressed.

I've been following these instructions (HowTo open .dmg file (Mac Disk Images) with Linux) but have not got beyond fstab mods as dont wont to destroy my build.

Can somebody with the relevant experience tell me if all the relevant libraries are loaded that will enable me to achieve this small task, or provide instructions.

Much appreciated,

• You won't succeed because the compressed .dmg format cannot be directly mounted. You can use dmg2img to convert the image file, but that won't be possible if it's still in active use with macOS. AFAIK the iPhoto's addon was written for Windows/macOS where Kodi has local access to the iPhoto's library structures.

• cheers, thanks for the reply although it seems to contradict this effort thou. HowTo open .dmg file (Mac Disk Images) with Linux

I mentioned is not compressed, I also meant encrypted which does seem to pose issues! - however there seems to be many accounts of ppl mounting just using the -o loop, especially as this is a RW DMG which by definition are not compressed.

As for the local access with the iPhoto addon, not sure that will be an issue once the DMG is mounted, the source to the xml can be local or remote. I recall that being how it worked many years ago, and having just checked appears to be same.

Appreciate any further input