4K Capture Card Support

• Hi. I am looking to DIY build a 4K HTPC with a 60hz 4K capture card to use with sky Q. Because the viewing card has to be paired with the box, I cannot use a third party HTPC directly, so instead a capture card.

I’ve got a basic version of this set up working with a Colossus 2 on my desktop PC, but am struggling to find a conclusive answer around a 4K PVR set up on Librelec.

Could someone please help?

Thanks

• Hi. I am looking to DIY build a 4K HTPC with a 60hz 4K capture card to use with sky Q. Because the viewing card has to be paired with the box, I cannot use a third party HTPC directly, so instead a capture card.

I’ve got a basic version of this set up working with a Colossus 2 on my desktop PC, but am struggling to find a conclusive answer around a 4K PVR set up on Librelec.

Could someone please help?

Thanks

If you are using a British SkyQ then you will need a 50Hz 4K capture card. Sky Q is 2160/50p output (it's 50Hz like all UK TV) - not 59.94p.

(However most PVR support in Kodi is for tuners rather than capture card solutions, and Sky Q will almost certainly have HDCP on its output which will be another hurdle)