BEELING G1 (S912) 4k videos issue

• Hi all,

fisrt of all, I'm sorry for my english!

I searched in the forum but I didn't find any solution for my problem.

I have a BEELINK G1 with Libreelec 8.2.2.3, connected to yamaha HTR-2067 and then to my philips TV (55PUT6101).

All is fine with 1080p videos, but I have a strange behaviour with 4k videos: there is like a loss of details in dark areas (shadows).

My yamaha AVR supports 4K Ultra HD pass-through.

I tried to change HDMI TV port but nothing changes.

Any suggestions?

• I think your AVR doesnt have the ability to passthrough HDR UHD files, but only SDR files.

Try to connect your beelink directly to your TV and not through your AVR and check the results.

If everything is fine, then you'll know your AVR is your issue.

Edited once, last by axionman (February 4, 2018 at 9:38 PM).

• I connected box directly to tv but no changes. I got same issue. Regarding hdmi 2, I think my avr has it: hdmi arc works well. I'll check if all my cables are hdmi 2

• I have the same issue on my Sony 65“ 4K with 4K Receiver … take a look, if you Play 4K HDR, if your TV says its really playing HDR. Cause thats happened with all my 912 boxes. I got 2160p but no HDR and than the picture looks crappy. On my 905 boxes my TV says HDR and the crap in Dark areas are gone... but on 905 boxes its the only 100mbit Lan thats make 4K with high bitrate unlookable. I got a lot of buffering...

Edited once, last by SSC_Jarod (February 4, 2018 at 10:52 PM).

• I think that the video I tried to play is SDR

(I'm sorry... it is in italian)

Spazio colore: YUV
    Croma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Profondità bit : 8 bit
    Bit/(pixel*frame) : 0.052

if you Play 4K HDR, if your TV says its really playing HDR

I don't find the way to check it on my TV (Philips 55put6101). My tv doesn´t support HDR.

• I think that the video I tried to play is SDR

(I'm sorry... it is in italian)

Spazio colore: YUV
    Croma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Profondità bit : 8 bit
    Bit/(pixel*frame) : 0.052

I don't find the way to check it on my TV (Philips 55put6101). My tv doesn´t support HDR.

That your TV dont support HDR, could be the solution. Cause, like Kzaq writes in the first post, 4k and HDR is experimentel in the Kodi builds.

• Ok, I tried to change kodi GUI to 4k and the colors appears "darker" (maybe deeper!). So, my issue is not related to videos (hardware acceleration or similar).

Any suggestions?