Which board with composite out and H.265 support?

• Hi,

I've already asked this on the Kodi forum but they recommended to ask here as well, so here goes:

I'm looking to set up Kodi on (something) connected to an old CRT TV, mainly to watch german DVB-T2 terrestrial TV. This probably means I need the (something) to have composite out and hardware support for H.265 decoding. I've tried a Raspberry Pi 3 but it struggled on the decoding part. I still plan to give the experimental Kodi 18 builds a try, maybe they'll do well enough, but I'm also looking for alternatives.

So, what would you recommend with the requested features and good Kodi support? I'd prefer Linux over Android as I'm much more at home there. TV backend will be on a separate machine so I don't need an tuner in the frontend. On the Kodi board, something based on the AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 was suggested. This led me to the Libre Board/Le Potato - how well is that supported? How well does the composite out work on that? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Thanks for the suggestion. I've now ordered a Libre Board, mainly out of curiosity. If I don't get Kodi working decently on that, I'll consider one of these adapters.