X96 Mini (2gb / 16gb) - The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.

• Hey guys,

Recently got a X96 mini and want to install Libreelec on the internal memory, however I cant seem to get past the '/dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.' issue.

Initially tried to use the latest build for S905X, however it would immediately spit out an error as soon as i ran installtointernall.

I followed this thread 'X96 S905W and used the build image referenced there (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.9.img.gz ) which is slightly older. This allowed me to get past the first step of installtointernal, where it warns of no safeguards and i have to enter 'yes', however then it spits out the /dev/system/ error.

In terms of device trees, i have tried the standard one, nand and slowemmc however having the same issue.

All run fine from USB, however its too slow.

Any tips? Thanks

• Same issue on H96 Pro Plus (S912). When I install to internal (with installtointernal) first boot goes good.

After a shutdown and boot I get the same " /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.' issue".

There is no slowemmc device tree for H96 Pro Plus S912 so I cannot test if that solves my problem.

Running from SD-card now on the H96 Pro Plus without problems.