s905 - hdmi handshake /color space problem with older TVs

• What could be the problem for my Tv turning green?

I folowed the steps as i said in my message above
    After that the box did restart and still i have sometimes a green screen???

• If your discoloration it is fixable by switching to RGB output, the screen will turn into normal colors right after the command, and never turn green again as long as the box and tv stay switched on.

If this does not work in your case, there must be another reason. Ideas:

• You might want tell us what tv you have, so others with the same model could tell us if they are affected as well.
    • You could also try another hdmi cable, another hdmi input of your tv or applying a bit of downward force on the hdmi plug (to check if there is a loose connection in the hdmi socket).
    • Try to create a full bug report: See thread-981.html
  • I have a Philips Tv the 47PFL8404H
    And i tried all Hdmi ports on my tv, yes i also tried other Hdmi cables.
    before i used the patch i tried that allready
    Sometimes when my screen turns green its for a short period of time 20 sec or so and other times it's for 2 minutes
    And in the period of 20 sec, i could not be so fast to put the code in again hehehe
    I thnink that the patch was used in the correct way, i followed all the steps and at last my box restarted automatic

• Then you have a tv from the same time and series as I do. I can assure you that the echo command works with my set here. I tested both S905 and S905X boxes.

Maybe you forgot a linebreak (return) after the command when you edited the autostart.sh file?

• When i look in het autostart.sh file ( with WinSCP )
    I see my two lines

[font]#!/bin/sh

echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb[/font]

Maby the file does not start when i start my X96 box?

• Thanks,

I will try it :)
    After i overwrite the existing autostart.sh file with your file
    Do i need to type these lines again?

chmod 755 autostart.sh ( the enter )
    reboot ( the enter )

Edited once, last by Alex31 (March 1, 2017 at 10:38 AM).

• Ok :)

I type cd .config first
    Then chmod 755 autostart.sh
    Then reboot

LibreELEC:~ # cd .config
    LibreELEC:~/.config # chmod 755 autostart.sh
    LibreELEC:~/.config # reboot

The the X96 is restarting, when kodi is started the Force rgb should be on......

Edited once, last by Alex31 (March 1, 2017 at 11:57 AM).

• I did watch kodi for several hours yesterday and no green screens yet :)
    Hope everyting is fine now........

I did notice when i make a micro sd card bootable with LibreElec USB SD Creator my 16 Gb card is now only 512 Mb in size????
    What is wrong here?

• There are two partitions on the card. The first is 512MB, the second takes the remainder of the card. Windows cannot read the filesystem on the second partition.

• Hello everyone !

I come to this thread because I had the same problem "RGB" as everyone with my old Phillips TV, thanks to you I find a solution to correct this with the solution '' autostart.sh '', Since I use it, my box never turned back to the green screen. But the problem with the black screen is really annoying and I have not found any solution to fix this. Has anyone here founded a fix for this random black screen?

Thank you in advance for your help .