s905 - hdmi handshake /color space problem with older TVs

• I have been trying to test this build, but I seem to be unable to boot into LE. For 006 builds I could use gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_quick_play.dtb. For 007 builds, theres no such named dtb, but after testing each dtb file, gxbb_p200_1G_wetek_hub.dtb did it, ending with LE booted, wifi and ethernet.

For both devel builds at 2016-09-28-devel, trying with each 1G dtb wont go pass the first splash screen

kszaq, could you give me any advise.

Thanks in advance

PS: If this issue has been finally erased, time for a install to nand will come for me :)
    PS2: My box is a MXQ quick play, almost a clone from Beelink MiniMX (apart for a different wifi & BT chipset)

Edited once, last by witokondoria (September 30, 2016 at 9:51 AM).

• Yep, I tested with those dtb files, as Im aware that eack kernel change (or at least some of them) require to rebuild the dtbs. will go on testin gwith previous devel builds to see if I can guess something else.

• Hey guys,

I would like to participate in the testings on my Wetek Hub.

Though, I'm a little confused with the dtd files : can you help me out on which files to install (& in which order)

Thanks a lot !

Edited once, last by Jucgshu (October 2, 2016 at 7:46 AM).

• Hey guys,

I would like to participate in the testings on my Wetek Hub.

Though, I'm a little confused with the dtd files : can you help me out on which files to install (& in which order)

Thanks a lot !

Hi,

• Download LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160929083522-r23358-gbac9202.img.gz
    • Use rufus or windiskimager to write this image file to a micro SD card. Card will show as a rather small partition (<1GB) with a few files in file explorer. This is normal.
    • Download fitting dtb image from device_trees
    • Copy dtb image file to sdcard and rename to dtb.img (need to overwrite existing dtb.img)
    • Insert card in box
    • Locate reset switch on box (may be a button on the bottom or hidden inside the a/v or other socket)
    • Insert power plug while holding reset button
    • When librelec logo shows, release reset button
    • From now on, box will boot libreelec when sd-card is inserted, Android if no card inserted. No need to push reset button any more.
    • If libreelec boot fails, or wlan/lan/bluetooth is not working, do step 3-5 with other dtb file

Enjoy!

• mmpp thanks a lot for your answer, trying the patch right now and will keep you updated.

@all : 2 quick questions though :
    1/ The /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb is 220 chmoded, is it normal ?
    2/ The autostart.sh you are talking about is supposed to go in the /storage/.config folder, right ?

Again, thank all of you for your hard work !

• 1/ The /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb is 220 chmoded, is it normal ?

Yes, you can write, but not read the /sys node. I noted that in another post, it used to be readable in earlier versions. But it works, so I do not really mind :)

2/ The autostart.sh you are talking about is supposed to go in the /storage/.config folder, right ?

Yes. Mine looks like this:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

I set it to mode 755 for good measure.

Edited once, last by mmpp (October 2, 2016 at 8:36 PM).

• just bought a Nexbox A95X S905X and was having this pink screen problem with my projector and yamaha av receiver, was about to put on ebay till I found this thread.
    Using LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161003204518-r23361-gb5788b7.img and the autostart.sh containing

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

my picture is now perfect.

Thankyou very much.

• Well, Im unable of booting any devel build, with none of its respective dtbs. kszaq, is there any way to debug the boot process (such as editing aml_autoscript or s905_autoscript)?

PS: as this issue seems solved, I would set again the proper title tag :)

Edited once, last by witokondoria (October 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM).

• Hi,

• Download LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160929083522-r23358-gbac9202.img.gz
    • Use rufus or windiskimager to write this image file to a micro SD card. Card will show as a rather small partition (<1GB) with a few files in file explorer. This is normal.
    • Download fitting dtb image from device_trees
    • Copy dtb image file to sdcard and rename to dtb.img (need to overwrite existing dtb.img)
    • Insert card in box
    • Locate reset switch on box (may be a button on the bottom or hidden inside the a/v or other socket)
    • Insert power plug while holding reset button
    • When librelec logo shows, release reset button
    • From now on, box will boot libreelec when sd-card is inserted, Android if no card inserted. No need to push reset button any more.
    • If libreelec boot fails, or wlan/lan/bluetooth is not working, do step 3-5 with other dtb file

Enjoy!

Hi guys,
    I have the same problem with my Mxq Pro 4k (leelbox) based on s905 cpu, I read this topic but unfortunately the link to the patch is dead.

Can you please provide me this patch?

Then, I am not expert so much, so, let me understand, can I apply your patch without format my TV Box?

Hope to receive your reply to solve this issue,

King regards and sorry for my english,
    ibrahfun

• Dunno if it's working on your box, but the latest build .009 is shipping with the colorspace patch.

Just through the update and the right .dtb file to your update folder in your LibreELEC box, reboot and you're done.

All details here : LibreELEC

EDIT: you don't have to rename the .dtb file no more since .009

Edited once, last by Jucgshu (December 5, 2016 at 9:08 PM).