Libreelec & Kodi with Plex Addon 1080P MPEG2 Playback Stuttering

• Hi,

Apologies if this is covered in another thread - couldn't find it with a bit of looking.

There seems to be similar issues in a number of threads - but don't understand enough to decipher the resolution from them.

I've been running libreelec on an S905X chipset for a few months with great success with Plex (and streaming online content typically 720P)

DVR playback of 1080P content was effortless - until now.

The playback is stuttering and no longer watchable.

Audio is stable.

Started to occur about 3 weeks ago.

Running:

Kodi (17.6 Git:a9a7a20). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit

Running on LibreELEC (community): 8.2.2.3, kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29

FFmpeg version/source: ffmpeg-3.1-kodi

Host CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64), 4 cores available

ARM Features: Neon enabled

2G Ram

Plex-for-Kodi/0.1.3 Kodi/17.6-Git:a9a7a20 CPython/2.7.13 Linux/3.14.29

The media I'm playing is:

1080p, 5.0 Mbps container=mpegts videoCodec=h264 audioCodec=mp2 audioChannels=2 id=138 part:0

MDE: MediaChoice: direct playable=True version=1080p, 5.0 Mbps container=mpegts videoCodec=h264 audioCodec=mp2 audioChannels=2 id=138

Constructed video item for playback: {'playStart': 0, 'streamBitrates': [5009], 'partIndex': 0, 'duration': 4858220, 'streamQualities': ['SD'], 'fullHD': True, 'startOffset': 0, 'streamUrls': [u'https://STUFF'], 'isRequestToServer': True, 'live': False, 'streamFormat': 'mpegts', 'prevObj': None, 'token': 'zsd1xU3EjwUpxfc6VoLZ', 'partDuration': 4858220, 'isTranscoded': False, 'audioLanguageSelected': u''}

Creating video codec with codec id: 28

CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10

CVideoPlayerVideo::OpenStream - Invalid framerate 90000, using forced 25fps and just trust timestamps

Subs are off.

Lower resolutions are okay.

This is DVR (Plex) content that was recorded and played back previously without issue.

I've tried rolling back Plex to the previous two versions - no luck.

I've tried downgrading Libreelec to 8.2.2.1 - no luck.

I've disabled secure connections - no luck.

Plex PC client for the same contect - works fine.

Plex Client on Apple TV4 - works fine (sadly).

Plex Server is Ubuntu 16.04.

I love these 905X boxes with Kodi & Plex - any help is appreciated.

I have a log file - Happy to upload.

Any clues?

;(

• Umm - could have been:

Libreelec updates

Plex Updates (my initial thought) as PC also started to stutter on the same file (I disabled HTTP pipelining to get that working again).

ATV4 never played them well. Even with transcoding.

Last night I destroyed Plex and rebuilt from scratch (1.11.0.4666) - DID NOT backup and restore to be sure to be sure.

Issue persists in Kodi. Plex is only hosting my DVR library at this point in time. So it's running lean atm.

Thought I'd check ATV4 for giggles and crikey it worked! and HTTP pipelining is back on the default setup - PC works too.

So perhaps Plex was flakey? It has had lots of upgrades over the 12 months or so Ubuntu has been up.

• Hi brissieboy, how did you get plexus working with libreelec? Have you also installed acestream client? Which version of plexus are you using? Can you share your guide pls

• hi kszaq,

Downgraded to 8.2.2.1 - same symptoms (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.2.1.tar).

Didn't debug this time around.

I'm sure that worked before...

I've factory reset the device and reset settings - no avail.

Ps. Did an optimize in Plex of the content - the new version plays okay. Will be the temporary work around until this gets sorted.

Pps. Have three of the S905X boxes (same spec) - they're all exhibiting the same behavior.

Thanks again,

Edited once, last by Brissieboy (January 15, 2018 at 12:48 AM).

• Hi kszaq,

So.. I've booted the box via an SD card with 8.1.8 on it - installed Plex 0.1.3 and the bugger works!

I'll try and install to local - test.

Then I'll allow auto-updates and see what happens.

Will let you know how it goes.

Perhaps it was simply a corruption somewhere?!