'Audio Passthrough Device' Keeps Changing By Itself

• Hi, I have a HTPC providing video only output to my TV via HDMI through a graphics card (GeForce GT 610), and then a seperate PCI sound card (Trust SC-5250) providing optical audio to my Denon amp. (My Denon amp is old without HDMI input, explaining my setup configuration of using optical over HDMI for audio passthrough).

I configure Kodi with the Passthrough Output Device set as my sound card, and everything works perfectly.

However, sometimes after rebooting the HTPC, the passthrough output device has been changed to HDMI by itself, and I manually have to change it back again.

It doesn't happen every reboot, but happens quite frequently causing loss of audio when I go to play movies sometimes.

Why is this happening?

Is there a way I can lock the Passthrough Output Device to my sound card so Kodi stops changing it to my HDMI graphics card randomly?

Thanks

• Kodi auto-detects the available hardware at boot so it sounds like a race condition where the soundcard drivers are not always loaded before Kodi starts and thus it cannot enumerate the previously configured card and defaults back to HDMI which is available. Put a startup delay in LE settings (aka wait for network) of 5-10 seconds and see if the problem goes away.

• Many thanks, I had a feeling it was something along the lines of delayed detection of the sound card.

I have set a 'Wait For Network' delay in the OpenElec AddOn settings, fingers crossed it works

Cheers