Thank you for this wonderful software!

• I'm a long time XMBC/Kodi user, started way back on the original Xbox days. When XMBC moved out of the Xbox era, I had no more use for my Xbox anymore, so I gutted it to make IR remotes. I've been using those remotes to this day! For a few years I've used OpenELEC to run Kodi but for some reason they decided to drop LIRC support on version 8 of their software. I actually discovered this website because I was looking for ways to make my remotes work. I eventually just decided to try this software out (your upgrade from OpenELEC feature was perfect!) and I've been loving it! I have 4 installs all using the original Xbox DVD dongle, so I really didn't want to have to buy 4 new remotes to stay current. LibreELEC literally saved my sanity!

The ONLY issue I've experienced is some of the screensavers that I used on OpenELEC 7.x no longer work, but I don't know if that's a LibreELEC thing or just a Kodi 17 thing. The screensavers that came with LibreELEC all work, as do all the screensavers that are located in the "Get More" link. But that's such a tiny issue that it doesn't matter!

I do have a question, I was reading that LibreELEC might come bundled with RetroPlayer or something equivalent starting in version 8, but haven't been able to find any actual news on the topic. I had RetroArch installed and working properly in OpenELEC, but I haven't tested it yet to see if it still works. Is there some sort of RetroPlayer built into the current version (8.2.2)?

Regardless, thank you everyone! And please don't drop LIRC support! :saint:

• I actually didn't know that happened. I guess I'm one of those kinda jerk people that only check the forum when something goes wrong.

Well thank you! What you guys do has changed my life! I spent almost a year stuck in bed due to a bone condition, and having this thing to play with and give me something to watch was amazing!