Issue with backup on RPI 3

• I have done a fresh install of Libreelec (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.1.img.gz wit the Libreelec SD creator) with a fresh sd card (Sandisk 16GB class 10).

After enlarging the available space with Gparted I do have enough space to copy the previously generated backup (Openelec) >700Mb) to this location. After restoring this the libraries are all empty. How is this possible. On the RPI2 it shows all libraries.

Now I will try to use an usb-key to do the restoring to see if it works better.

Update 1: also restoring from USB libraries are still empty.

Update 2: also a fresh install, booting up, do a restore from USB, reboot, empty libraries.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited 2 times, last by Placemaster (December 3, 2017 at 12:56 PM).

• I am coming fro Openelec 6.0.3. Have done a backup with the option available in open elec. Stored the backup on a USB drive.

Did a fresh install on a fresh sd card. Restored it with the build in restoring functionality.

It is not working.

Now made backup with add-on backup, storing it on USB.

Fired up LE and tried to install Backup again. Do get an error message (look at logs). Just digging into it.

• "tar -xvf backupfile.tar -C /storage/stuff" should unpack things into /storage/stuff overriding the embedded paths. Just untar the backup to a specific subfolder on the (new) SD card and then "systemctl stop kodi" before moving things around as required and "systemctl start kodi" when done.

NB: An older OE install has probably accumulated a fair chunk of cruft over time so I'd be selective and only move Thumbs/DB's and sources.xml over to start. I'd reinstall add-ons new from repo's and only copy configs over if needed.